"Watch for the new thing I am going to do. It is happening already—you can see it now! I will make a road through the wilderness and give you streams of water there." Isaiah 43
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Some People...
As I unloaded the kids at the park today an older lady was watching me carefully. Everyone got to the equipment and started playing, including baby X who loves the slide. Well it didn't take long until I hear "their all yours?". Yes. "How old are they".... 4, 2, & 12 months.... No comment... just eye brows. A few minutes later, "you let him go down the slide"... Yes.. (I mean really lady don't you see him laughing). Few more minutes "Do you know they all have their shoes off?"... Yes, you pick your battles!... And then here we go "So when does he (Av's) go to Kindergarten"... oh she didn't like that answer.. (homeschool). This is when I just walk away and take the kids on a trail in the woods, leaving her with her single grandchild. I was proud of myself for holding my tongue and not saying what I could have said. I've grown in this area for sure, I have 6 little ears and 3 little mouths waiting for me to slip up!
Labels:
6 Litle Feet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You go, girl! Next time make sure I'm there too & we can really confuse her as she tries to figure out which blondie belongs to who ;)
ReplyDeleteshe'd probably think we were sister wives or something... I'd just let her think :-) Missed you today, but Xand. is still having d/ so for the best!
DeleteSo funny about the slide- its not like X is a newborn and you're letting him go down alone! Oh well. We encountered a situation similar to this at the park the other day, but it was a teenage nanny and what looked to be a four-year-old girl. My kids passed her kid on the ladder up to the top (without pushing her aside, I might add) laughing with each other and really, you would have thought something terrible had happened because she called out "No no no- please wait your turn! Its Darcy's turn!" Sheesh. Let 'em play.
ReplyDeletePsalm 127:4-5
ReplyDelete4 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
So are the children of one’s youth.
5 Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them;
They shall not be ashamed,
But shall speak with their enemies in the gate.