At first I was intimidated to have the kids memorize scripture. I am always fearful of "quoting scripture at them". But God has promised His words to "fulfill what they are meant to accomplish" Isaiah 55:11. So as I use His words to encourage my children (not tear them down), the greatest accomplishment I could make is for them to know how much Jesus loves them and let that influence the choices that they make. And while they will still fight, be selfish and mean spirited, I pray that they will have more reasons to be kind, loving, and compassionate.
"Watch for the new thing I am going to do. It is happening already—you can see it now! I will make a road through the wilderness and give you streams of water there." Isaiah 43
Monday, February 13, 2012
Memorize (v) - to learn by heart
For a while now we have memorized a Bible verse each week (for my own memories sake I am going to start posting them). We started in January with some basic concepts.... 1 Corinthians 13:4-6 (love passage), Ephesians 4:32, and this week Romans 3:23. It has been neat to see how quickly Avery and Elly both have memorized the Bible verses and how they are learning to apply them (Previous post)...... though some days they are quick to forget! But so am I.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are doing a great job with all if them! Give all of my little Weimar Valentine's a kiss from the Durens today ;)
ReplyDelete