Thursday, February 23, 2012

Little Chicks

"Do everything without arguing and complaining.... be different, like shining stars in the sky"  Philippians 2:14-16 (adapted) is our verse this week. 


Nothing causes you to take a closer look at your own heart,  then when God gives you a child just like you. As we have worked on our verse this week I know that I am guilty of this just as much as my little ones. The constant bickering back and forth is enough to make me want to bang my head into a wall.... but is my heart that much different? Because the arguing, complaining and disrespectful attitudes towards one another,  are a heart issue, a selfish issue, I have had the kids start saying something kind to one another if I hear them bickering. 


At first I allowed them to get away with "I like your nose", "your hair is pretty"... but this week we have worked on what we are thankful for. "I'm thankful Avery plays babies with me".... "I'm thankful Elly is my friend"... and slowly we are getting to the heart. So rather than arguing and "pecking each others feathers" (I actually made them watch a You Tube video of chickens pecking each others feathers to demonstrate my point!), I pray they learn to value each other in a world where family is seldom valued and tearing each other down is more important than raising each other up. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment