Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A decision I never thought I would make...


 For a year and a half we tried to do what we were "supposed to do". We enrolled Av's in preschool to "socialize" him. We wanted him to "learn" while "having fun and meeting other kids". But  there was always an uneasiness in my heart. The whole time God had bigger plans. He wanted me to make a decision that I never thought I'd make.  I fought it, I ran from it,  feeling much like Jonah, this certainly wasn't for our family!  But with surrender comes peace, and the peace... it's there now.  Am I stressed... yep. Has my life changed... definitely. But pulling him out of school was the best decision we could have made.  It's certainly not for everyone, but  I am excited to start this chapter in our homeschooling lives. 


Recess in the rain! 







1 comment:

  1. You guys are one of the few families we know with a pre-school aged child who, unbelievably, is not in preschool! It is definitely hard at times, being home all day every day with every single one of my children and no "break" to speak of. But it has definitely made me take my role as parent much more seriously. I wouldn't have it any other way.

    ReplyDelete