Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ice Cream for Dairy Free Kids (and mama's!)

I have a crush on  my Cuisinart.  How did I live this long without you! 
In all seriousness we try very hard to eat a "clean" diet. No diary, no food dyes and no preservatives.  That leaves you making most of your food! I love the date granola bars I can whip up for the kids, or how quickly I can dice up some fresh veggies... but thanks to my good friend Leslie, the best thing I have yet to make is banana ice cream! This was a perfect treat for my dairy deprived children :-)  I was amazed at how creamy the consistency was.... you would have never known this wasn't at least frozen yogurt! As you can tell everyone including baby X loved the special treat! 
Recipe:
2 frozen bananas
Splash of Almond Milk
Splash of vanilla extract
Turn it on full blast.  It took a few minutes but the results were amazing! 





Yes that is Av's eating out of the food processor - without the  blade of course! 



1 comment:

  1. We ate ice cream for breakfast today! Shh...don't tell Parker its just bananas ;) Glad you guys liked it too!

    ReplyDelete