Now I don't believe in Bible "roulette" - but there is a time to study the Word and a time to desperately fall into it. Today I am the latter. I blindly open up my Message Bible and find Proverbs 13:24 underlined (hmmmm. that must have been another great day!).....
"A refusal to correct is a refusal to love;
love your children by disciplining them."
The old saying "this hurts me more than you", is hard to believe until you are a parent. To discipline in love. To correct because you want to prevent destruction... it's hard, it feels like it doesn't work most days. But I have confidence that persistent love and consistency will pay off, although right now the "harvest" seems so far away!
I think of James when he writes:
"Wait patiently... you see farmers do this all the time..waiting for their
valuable crops to mature, patiently letting the rain do its
slow but sure work. Be patient like that.
Stay steady. Stay strong."
Message Bible James 5:4

Thanks for the encouragement for my future days, I know they're coming! I'm praying for you.
ReplyDeleteFailure doesn't even begin to describe how I've felt today!! Tomorrow's git to be better, right?! Right???? I needed to read those words right now. I'm gonna go snuggle my sweet, cuddly little one & pray for the strength to get me through the struggle that is bedtime with the big one!
ReplyDelete