I am amazed at how much the kids (even Elly at age 2!), have learned this week, and remember from our eggs. We have been leading up to Easter for some time now, by establishing a foundation of memory verses, one of these being Romans 3:23 - "All have sinned". We talk about this morning, if the "consequence for our sins is death (separation from God)" then we need a Savior who is bigger than death, a Savior that can offer us a way to God. But see Jesus isn't some puny Savior who sits on His throne waiting for us to "accept Him". No He waits for us to trust Him, to live for Him, to "drop our nets" and run after Him!
We talk about how much He Jesus loves people. Jesus isn't interested in religion or "holy rollers"; rather "He spent his time with thieves, sluts, and liars.." Now I did not choose to use the "S" word with my little ones, but I did tell them that Jesus loves everyone. And that sin is sin - no matter what the sin!
And the best news of the day.... Jesus died for everyone, he excludes no one. And God in his almighty power raised Him from death - the tomb was empty, the bridge to Himself complete, if only we trust. (Side note here - as an ER nurse who has to experience death, this is an incredibly hard concept to wrap my mind around. But I believe, that the same God, who can create such an intrinsic human body also has the power to revive it even from death, even 3 days later! This is where we have to choose faith, and set our eyes on things that are unseen.)
So this morning as we head out to church, I have a renewed appreciation for my Lord and what was accomplished for me on this celebrated day so many years ago. And I hope my little ones have learned more this week, about this Jesus that we pray to, worship, and talk about, and why He matters so much to their mama and daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment