Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Goodbye Tide

biodegradable laundry powder 
For a while now I have heard about Charlie's Soap. Their claim is "Charlie's Soap is: Green. Clean. Guaranteed. " ; supposedly hypoallergenic and good for cloth diapers too.  And bonus, it's made here in NC! 

I have been a Tide loyalist for years. Especially with kids it was just worth paying extra for. But the Charlie's soap is much more affordable. So I decided to run a test drive comparing the two.... 
Now to be fair, I was a bit aggressive. Smeared strawberries, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, grass, and dirt were loving applied to this white shirt. I let them sit for a day. Then washed them in two separate loads - one with Tide and one with Charlie's. I used cold water, a normal cycle, and an average load of laundry mixed in too (Samsung HE washer).

The shirt on the left (looking at picture) is the TIDE. On the right is CHARLIE's.
The oil and balsamic vinegar left a little stain on both. However the Charlie's did as well - actually better than the Tide! 

I buy everything on Amazon... so comparing prices there my Tide HE with Bleach was approx. 33.00 for 90 loads; Charlie's is approx. 11.00 for 80 loads. 

So Charlie's it is! I am excited to have a cleaner, greener, product... that actually works and saves me money!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment