Friday, June 7, 2013

Thirty-Two

There are so  many reasons why I am thankful for my husband. If you know him, you know a Godly, patient, loving, honest, and faithful man. Well at least that's what I think... but today on his 32nd birthday I want to share what his former students think. Last week was his last day teaching (well at least in the classroom!) and his students wrote down their memories of his time teaching them. What an encouragment and a bitter sweet ending to this chapter in our lives! (and by the way he has no idea I'm doing this!)

From the Ben's Students:

My Favorite Thing About Mr. Weimar......

"He tells funny stories"
"He gives good advice for life"
"He is a great story teller... hearing about his experiences and kids always makes my day!"
"He always relates to us... and he tells hilarious personal stories"
"He never shouts at us.. even when he act up! We love you Mr Weimar!"
"He has great stories to go along with the Bible"
"The way he teaches us... and he is always there to solve a problem when one comes up"
"Kind and funny"
"When he hangs out with us, he feels like a friend not a teacher!"
"He has an AWESOME BEARD"

The Most Important Thing I Have Learned From Mr Weimar...

"More about the Bible, and have got more connected with God"
"That God loves us but we should have a respectful fear for Him"
"A new aspect of the Bible, and a new way to approach life"
"How to be more patient and kind"
"About Godly character"
"He knows how to mix things in our life with whats in the Bible - and he makes us laugh!"
"That the Bible is really interesting! And how to use Google maps"
"He explains the the Old Testament in a very clear way and helped me understand more about God and myself"

I could have typed all day. This is just a sample. What a blessing for all of these students to write something memorable about their time with Ben. I look forward to seeing how God brings many other students into our life. I know he will accomplish great things in both their lives and ours!

Funny guy

Never afraid to make a statement!
Wonderful Dad

6 years ago :-) when I was pregnant with Avery


1 comment: