Thursday, March 7, 2013

30 Days


Just a month ago, Ben and I sat in our driveway wondering how in the world our house would sell. From our driveway we can see three foreclosed homes, and two for sale that have not sold yet. To top it off we began to pray that the Lord would provide a contract prior to baby 4 being born, but a closing date after his birth. We felt like Joshua staring at the wall of Jericho - it seemed impossible.


I am thankful to say that the Lord has provided and exceeded. After being on the market a month, our house has sold! We are coming to the table not owing a dime on our house, even though we just refinanced two years ago! It has been a whirlwind of blessings, just to name a few: we are paying no closing cost, the buyers did not ask for a home warranty, our realtor drastically dropped her commission, I get to keep my washer/dryer (sounds small but we needed that!), and our closing date is April 29th (my birthday).

Just last week, prior to our contract, Ben said, "I'm not sure what's more scary, selling our house and not being 100% supported, or being 100% supported and our house not selling".  I think we know the answer now - we are free to "go", and God will continue to supply all our needs. I am thankful we can tell our partners that God has affirmed our calling, and we are ready!  I am thankful we can proclaim his miracles and his blessings.

So, in about 6 weeks, we will be homeless with four children - but we've never been at more peace in our entire lives. The Lord has faithfully poured partners and contacts in over the past few weeks, and we are about 60% funded. We have direction as to which base we will be located at as well. So we stand with arms lifted high and hands opened wide, as we wait for God to finish what He has started (Philippians 1:6)

Thank you for your prayers as we continue in this journey. Please contact us if you are not receiving our newsletters, or if you would like to partner with us or hear more.


Philippians 4 - The Message Bible (paraphrased)
4-5 Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! Help others see that the Master is about to arrive. He could show up any minute!
6-7 Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.
10-14 I’m glad in God, far happier than you would ever guess—I’ve learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I’m just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I’ve found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment