Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Such A Time As This


Our soldiers and their families need an incredible amount of support right now. Perhaps more than ever before. 


We are called for SUCH A TIME AS THIS. 

I hate the news, I really do. But this week an article caught my eye. So far this year, the number of U.S. service members taking their own lives has averaged almost one a day — a substantially higher pace than in 2010 and 2011. In 2012, far more soldiers have taken their own lives than have been killed in Afghanistan. 
As we write our support letters, prepare our brochures, arrange training events... I feel heavy with all of the logistics that go into a ministry, but more so I feel grateful for the right time. For this very specific time in our lives that God has provided us with a chance to make an impact in hurting families lives.  

But I know that this is a "job" that totally depends on others financial love, a "job" that is totally about loving others unconditionally. A "job" that gives us a PhD in faith,and specializes in the God that is for us (Romans 8). We are so thankful for the amazing friends and family that have already stepped up to love a military youth and be a part of their lives and ours by helping us GO. 

I have started a blog that I will eventually roll into our YFC ministries page. Right now though it will serve as our update and information page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment