We've had a lot of death around us recently. Earlier this week, I wrote a friend the below message to encourage her. As our week progressed, and yet another one of our dear friends lost someone, I realized that I needed a reminder too. A reminder that God doesn't have to answer to us, a reminder that it's okay to feel angry. Sometimes as Christians we have a hard time acknowledging that we are angry, that we are bitterly asking God.... Why?
I love the examples of humanity among God's people in the Bible.
Ezekiel 3:14 "I felt bitter and angry" (prophet Ezekiel).
2 Samuel 13:36 "David and his officials also cried bitterly." (King David - the man after God's own heart)
2 Kings 20:3 " Remember, Lord, that I have served you faithfully and loyally and that I have always tried to do what you wanted me to. And he began to cry bitterly." (King Hezekiah - one of Israels Godly kings)
Job 7:11 "I am angry and bitter" (Job - a man who worshiped God, was faithful to Him. A good man, careful not to do anything evil)
But after the trials.. after time passes, Job looks back and says :
"I know, Lord, that you are all-powerful; that you can do everything you want...... In the past I knew only what others had told me, but now I have seen you with my own eyes." Job 42
God allows time for the grieving, the anger... but ultimately God is holy, and He waits for us to put that anger on the altar. There are things in life that we will never understand. It is my greatest fear that I will face this one day; that I would lose my child or husband. But it is through those times, as Job found, that we see God. We see the God that rejoices over us with singing. We see the God who loved us so much that he suffered His own son, to give us hope for tomorrow.
Zephaniah 3:17 - The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.
Isaiah 53:5
But because of our sins he was wounded,
beaten because of the evil we did.
We are healed by the punishment he suffered,
made whole by the blows he received.
No comments:
Post a Comment