Monday, July 29, 2013

Here We Go


Ben left yesterday to go to camp with the Club Beyond (YFC Military) high school kids. We are thankful he is having the opportunity to connect with the youth as well as the leaders during this week of camp. I'm not going to mention that I'm insanely jealous of all the fun he is having this week :-)
He returns over the weekend, and then we leave Monday morning to move to Fort Bragg! 

We are excited, and thankful to our gracious God, and generous partners who are sending us! It has been exactly a year since we began raising our support to go on the mission field. Since then we have had a baby, sold our home, moved twice (or will move twice), and have met with numerous churches and individuals about partnering with us in ministry. 

I would have never chosen to raise our own support. And even though I went into it with my heels dug down and pouting (just being honest!), God has taught us some pretty awesome things. See I thought I had faith, but I didn't really have faith. Not in the right thing at least. 
It's easy to let our faith rest on something other than God. Do I have faith in the fact that I have faith? Do I have faith in a certain person I've set my hopes on? Or do I have faith in my own abilities? To truly believe that God and God alone will provide your needs… that's a different type of faith. It's a type of faith that has humbled me. It's the type of faith I've seen in many of our partners as they give sacrificially month after month. And it's the type of faith I pray daily for, as I'm constantly reminded to trust in the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment