Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Lasting Choice

Today I am thankful for a woman who chose life. As our country marks 40 years since the legalization of abortion and we look back on the 55 million lives that have been lost, I am thankful for one that was saved. I am thankful that someone thought past their current situation, and realized that life is not theirs to take.
In 1980 a young mom walked into an abortion clinic; fearful of what her family and community would say if they knew she was pregnant, fearful of how she would ever raise a child on her own, fearful of what the future would bring. Apprehension flooded her as she accepted what she needed to do - end the life of the small child growing inside of her, take back control of her own life. She entered the exam room, and prepared herself,  this was after all her body…..
But through God's grace and her willingness to hear his voice that day, she would walk out of that clinic with life inside her womb. A small baby who would have been ripped from her body and thrown away.  A child that the creator had formed inside of her, a child who's story had already been written. 

Today I am thankful for my mother in law, and for the choice she made. Thankful for my godly husband and my children. Thankful for the life that she chose not just for him, but for us all. 




Avery at 14 weeks sucking his thumb. A standard abortion in NC can still be performed at this stage in development.


A small glimpse of the products of choosing life.


For you created my inmost being; 
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am wonderfully made.
your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were already written in your book, before one of them came to be. 
Psalm 139

After writing this post I feel lead to add one more thing. When we study the life of Christ we see that he was interested in one thing - people. People full of mistakes. He sought out the prostitutes, the murderers, the thieves, and the liars. There is nothing that can separate us from the love of Christ, once we come to Him. He came for our story, wounds and all - and that is the redeeming love of our Savior.

1 comment: