Avery loves math…. and hates phonics/reading. I know once he really gets the hand of it he will realize the endless value of reading, and good thing I am just as stubborn as he is - "I can't" is not an option!
I have found Quizlet (online flash card generator) to be very useful. I love that I can save my "cards" so that they are ready to use with the next kid. But flash cards get old… so today we "revved" it up with "race car reading". I took a simple white board, and made a "city", filling the streets with words, as a review game. Of course my hands on child loved it, and honestly I think it reinforced a lot of our flashcard work from this week. Even though we did it for homeschool, this would be a great way for a traditional school student to review concepts as well!
There are so many different uses for this same method I plan on using in the future- reading, phonics, math, Spanish, even colors, shapes, and ABC's for the younger kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment