I showed the kids an old episode of Mr. Rogers neighbor today, they loved it. I told them that I used to watch this when I was a little girl with my mommy. It fascinates them that I had a life before them, and even more so that I was their age once. The classic question "where were we" comes up every time (I think they just like asking me!) My answer is always the same… "you were in God's plan". So today when Avery asked me, Elly spoke up and said "Avery, don't you know we were still in God's plan!?". What a breath of fresh air… they do listen, it does sink in…. eventually!
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139:14-16
Love that answer- in God's plan. So right!
ReplyDelete