Thursday, August 9, 2012

5 years ago..

Avery turned 5 today.  I never knew 5 years ago that God would teach me so much in such a short period of time. There is nothing like your first child to wake you up from a state of selfish bliss. 

You learn very quickly that colic isn't some made up word for fussy babies, no some babies really do cry for 6 hours straight, every day. You may learn that the perfect delivery you had planned for 9 months ends in an emergency c-section, but a healthy baby.  If you chose to breastfed you learn a whole new level of self sacrifice, and you are suddenly aware of the secret that no one seems to share - breastfeeding does not come naturally, it is hard, and it hurts... for weeks!

But the joys that come with being a mom,  that is unsurpassed. I smile as I think of his mischievous little ways vs. his brilliance in figuring out a concept; his tenderhearted kindness vs. his rough and tough edge; his hyper spinning self vs. the loving little boy who still wants to cuddle with his mama.

We are blessed. I am by no doubt, a better mom because Avery is in my life.  And for that I am grateful.




6 lbs 5 ounces. Check out the huge hematoma on my head. No wonder I was an emergency C-Section!





18 months old, and my little brother looks just like me now! 
Avery's a big brother! 







"Mommy, I was digging for worms.... with my head!"




I'm a big brother.... again! 




Really Avery?



So proud of my 5 year old boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment