
Many weeks ago I posted a
little story about a guy named Noah. How he had enough
faith to build a gigantic boat, even before the rain started. How even when people though he'd lost his mind, he kept persevering - confident in the God who'd promised rain. Some of our close friends knew that that post was about us. About our journey of faith.
When God called us to take a leap of faith and do the hard things (like tell your family and friends your leaving, arrange training events, sell your house, engaging financial partners to support you monthly), we had a choice, readily obey or keep going on with our life. For a while we made excuses, and tried to convince ourselves that maybe this wasn't really what God wanted. But
when you've moved past the point in your life that you aren't just a
"fan" of Christ, rather a
follower, that little voice inside won't be quiet - rather it gets louder.
So about 6 weeks ago we let YFC know that we would be coming for the training event in July (
more about YFC). We took the first step. Blindly, to say the lest. We knew that we couldn't afford the plane tickets and the training expenses on our own - God was going to have to
"let it rain".

I began researching fights daily, only to discover that mid Summer is a beautiful time to go hiking in the Rockies... plane tickets were through the roof ($1200 range).
We began to cry out daily for God's guidance in this area - we wanted to be good stewards of the funds we had, and we certainly couldn't afford $1200. Then one morning about 4 weeks before we were to leave, I woke up early. I had a gut feeling that
I needed to go buy plane tickets. Before anyone was up, I went downstairs, said a quick prayer, and typed in the same information I'd been using for weeks. To make a long story a little shorter...
that morning God provided us our flights for $586.00. It was
a God thing. Never again did we see them that low (cause I'm Type A and you know I was checking!).
Our God had provided. It was starting to rain.
But
our story doesn't stop there -
our story with military youth is just beginning. It wasn't just the plane tickets. We came to CO
completely funded for our training - raised in just four weeks!
That's the God who makes the impossible, possible. That's the God who's still writing
our story.
No comments:
Post a Comment